Friday, March 18, 2011

I LOVE Being a Girlie Girl!


Being a girlie girl is such a, well...girl thing!  I get all giddy when I see pretty things in pretty bottles & today my daughter did the same.  Alana's attention & curiosity was peaked when she saw MOMMY (more on the emphasis on this later!) getting ready to paint her toenails.  She saw the shiny little bottle of sparkly pink nail polish & was instantly taken in.  "Ooooh, pretty" was her response as she held the bottle which fit perfectly in her little 3 year old hands.  I took this as an opportunity & a fun little thing between MOMMY & Alana to do...be girls.  She had such a calm excitement as she realized I was going to put the pretty pink polish on her "never painted on before" toenails.  She sat so still & was just thrilled at the results.  She didn't even move her toes as I told her they were wet.  Then it was my turn & after only 1 experience of painting nails in her 3 years of life, she felt she was quite qualified & entitled to instruct her mother on how to properly paint her toenails.  She definitely could make a great manager one day!  (Follow after Daddy's footsteps...hmmm....scratch that,  he would want so much more for her! LOL)  After my toenails were painted, & I was ready to put away the polish, she then realized that her fingernails were naked.  Almost a panic raced through her mind as she started frantically looking for the pink bottle.  This actually is quite humorous to me because I don't paint my fingernails, just the toenails.  It must be her girlie genes awakening as she discovered all this on her own.  I was a little apprehensive about painting her fingernails because, well...she's 3!  Doing the waving dance with hands & blowing on them really isn't a high priority at this age...or so I thought.  She most definitely wanted her "manicure" & so MOMMA went ahead & gave her one.  She was very still again, & as I started to blow on her little fingers, she caught on.  Only 1 little smudge which had to immediately be fixed before she was satisfied, & then she was set.  So, look out world, we have a beautiful girlie girl in the making.  However I must say that just 2 days ago she was quite content playing in the dirt with her buddy Caleb.  It's a balance & she is so darn cute!  I love having a daughter!




1 comment:

  1. My snake-catching eight-year-old granddaughter was talking about nail polish and pedicures today. I said "when did you become a GIRL?!" :) Hopefully, she'll enjoy the best of both personalities.

    ReplyDelete